View Single Post
Old 27-06-11, 03:00 PM

Alessandra,

Thanks for replying. I did find one book on egg tempera. It's funny the pricing for some things. You would think it could save students a bundle and a lot of back pain, but apparently they are still charging a fortune for text books for the kindle. it's a great way to read the classics thought. I came across a thing called a magic catalog with a listing of thousands of free classics. There were books of a few artists works for less than a dollar (Picasso, Van Gogh etc) and anything on the kindle will show up on the ipad or ipod. Maybe they'll expand to more art books in time. I couldn't find a good arts magazine, but notice Justin Bieber (sp?) had his own monthly magazine. ( : ... too funny.

There may be a lot of older text on art though Audio makes more sense while I'm painting, but it's nice to give the right side of my brain a bit of a work out with the written word now and then.

For now it seems beautifully illustrated art books are better in real world format. It would have been nice to have more access to them, but maybe that door will open in time.

Last edited by jpohl; 27-06-11 at 03:02 PM.