View Single Post
Old 05-08-08, 03:48 PM
Posts: n/a

Thanks, that's always nice to hear. :-)

If I do decide to go ahead with the lye extraction, I will post to let everyone know the results. And yeah, the lapis is pricey enough that I can't really afford to get samples from a variety of suppliers. I've been happy with everything else I've gotten from

Perhaps someone with more chemical knowledge than me might be able to answer this: after the pigment is extracted with the lye and allowed to dry, is it safe to touch? Obviously not while it is wet, but does the toxicity of the lye evaporate off with the liquid?

Reply With Quote