Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > Critique Forum

Critique Forum Post your work here for constructive criticism

Old 23-03-07, 07:45 PM

Default Masterworks in Miniature in egg tempera

Hi all,

this is last minute, but I am participating in an invitational show, Masterworks in Miniature 2007, with Gallery One in Mentor, Ohio. My two entries, both egg temperas, can be seen via this link:

http://www.galleryone.com/mw_2007_pg1.htm#san

I'm only asking for a critique in the sense of your vote. There is a "People's Choice Master Palette Award" for the painting that acquires the most votes in the show. You can vote for one of my paintings by emailing the title of the painting and my name for People's Choice Award to art@galleryone.com.

Deadline is end of today or early tomorrow, so no pressure whatsoever! and just enjoy looking at the show overall. Lots of good work. The physical show at the Ohio gallery ends tomorrow evening, but the online version will probably remain online until May 24, so if you see this message later on, you can still try the link and just scroll to see the rest of the show. Thanks for any votes, and also just for looking!

all best regards,
Mona
Old 24-03-07, 12:10 PM

Default Masterwoks in Miniature

Mona, I voted for your "San Diego Freedom Flag". It's beautifully painted. I liked your dedication, too. Yours are the only ETs I could find.
Old 24-03-07, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Hi Mona;

I went to Allegheny College (yonder on the Hill... ya dadda da, ya dadda da, our hearts are turning still...) as well. Graduated in 1982. Go Gators!
Old 24-03-07, 05:40 PM

Default Egg tempera stylejavascript:emoticon(':-?')

I love your work, Mona and admire your sticking to ET.

I confess that although I have sent ET to this venue in the past, this year I sent "In the calf barn" which is painted with Golden Liquid acrylics in ET style. I did this painting just to see how well I could emulate ET with acrylic. If you click on the image and enlarge it, you can see the brushstrokes and spatter and sponging techniques I used.

Rosemary

http://www.galleryone.com/images/mw2...lf-barn-lg.jpg
Old 24-03-07, 08:21 PM

Default Masterworks in Miniature in egg tempera

Dear Jean, Jeff, Rosemary,

thanks so much for your comments, compliments, and votes! How great that you are also in the show, Rosemary! Congratulations and best of luck with the show to you also. Tonite is the nite...... Your "In the Calf Barn" is beautiful work! Hay is so hard to paint! I tried it once for an illustration assignment and felt I failed miserably.

Jeff, small world!! I never know when or where I may run into a fellow alumnus...there are several from Allegheny right here in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY where I am located, including Sue Bowen, who was in my class of '74 and in the art dept. with me. She still does photography.
Did you major in art at Allegheny? Are you in the ET gallery?

This is my first year in Masterworks, and I really enjoyed preparing for it. Rosemary, are you by any chance a member of the Miniature Art Society of Florida? Your name seems familiar beyond the scope of STPainters. Although ET remains my main medium, I do enjoy oils and am working on a ceiling mural in oils right now.

all best regards to all, Mona
Old 24-03-07, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Masterworks in Miniature in egg tempera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mona
Jeff, small world!! I never know when or where I may run into a fellow alumnus...there are several from Allegheny right here in Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY where I am located, including Sue Bowen, who was in my class of '74 and in the art dept. with me. She still does photography.
Did you major in art at Allegheny? Are you in the ET gallery?
I majored in Studio Art there. Had Carl Heeshen, who I guess you would've known.

I'm not on the site ET gallery but I have a website link, see below.
Old 25-03-07, 02:05 AM

Default Flag

I too voted for "San Diego Freedom Flag." Just beautiful. Wow and so tiny.