Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues

The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues Sharing the knowledge and experience of fellow tempera painters.

Old 27-04-07, 02:00 AM

Yeah, I'll tell you, I was really girded to do battle with my batch of gesso, but it turned out that the consitancy was so easy to control. It easily melted back to the smooth, creamy texture that I wanted just by putting the container in water (warm water at that.) I learned that if the water is too hot, even from the tap, you're stuck at the splatter-the-wall stage for at least 20 minutes. However, bathtub warm was just about perfect.

Thank you all for the great discussion! It helped maintain my sense of humor and (as usual) enlightened me quite a bit. Next challenge: mastering the ET underpainting. I'll keep you all posted.

-M