Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Here you may intoduce yourself

Old 03-11-07, 01:22 PM
tempera enthusiast

Talking New to ET

Hi there,
Have recently discovered ET, after many years painting in acrylics and watercolours. I went to Morocco and bought some natural pigments. Wasn't sure what to do with them until I thought of egg tempera. Finding this forum was great as I have learnt many tips already without even having to ask.
thanks,

Diane

PS. I write a blog and have a website that includes art and craft techniques and places to visit that artists may be interested in (http://www.how-to-be-a-bad-artist.com). I will be adding my experiments with egg tempera soon.
Old 04-11-07, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Welcome Diane.......you will find us a very friendly community.........any probs are already discussed here but from previous experience of forums it is not always so easy to get answers without having to scroll through 1,000's of pages........fear not to ask repeat questions...........
Old 04-11-07, 05:34 PM
tempera enthusiast

Thanks. I'm impressed by the depth of knowledge that some people seem to have. I wish I'd discovered it earlier to be honest, as my initial attempts using egg tempera (although less than perfect) has been an enjoyable experience and the colours look so rich. It is easier to paint in detail too. It is a great alternative to oil paints or acrylics, as acrylics tend to border on garish in colour and oils take forever to dry. A happy medium, I think.
Diane