Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues

The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues Sharing the knowledge and experience of fellow tempera painters.

Old 28-01-08, 12:25 AM

Default Oil and Tempera

Thank you so much everyone for all the links and personal experience... I am just switching from oil to tempera after having two babies, and with little space tempera makes much sense for my studio which is out in the center of the house. (In the winters we have subzero temperatures so ventilation would be an issue for oil.) I have so many oils in process that I will have to put back to start new work in tempera, but after reading Daniel V. Thompson I was holding out hope that I could at least finish a dyptich (oil on panel) with egg tempera. I had been working on for several months before I became pregnant. To be truthful tempera brushwork almost suits the image and the direction I was working in better, so I live in hope. Oil was starting to affect my health and limit the hours I could work even before I had children who I want to protect from the paint fumes. Health reasons aside I am falling for the possibilities I see with tempera. I only hope I have the patience to see it through, and that it will speed up if I stick with it... especially now that the time I have to work is in much shorter supply (basically while everyone else is sleeping).

There is so much information on this website it looks like I also have to fit in quite a bit of reading time.

cheers, jp

--
http://www.spaceabovethecouch.com/