Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Here you may intoduce yourself

Old 19-05-08, 11:44 PM
Smile Hello to Everyone on the ET Forum

I have been lurking here for a long time. I have checked into so many individual artist's websites and looked at works of art that have blown me away. I am somewhat shy so it has taken me ages to get up the nerve to say hello, but it is time to come out of my shell and say "hello" and "thank you" to all of you who have shared so much here. There are countless ideas and techniques which have answered many of my questions. I check the forum nearly every night and get inspired as well as educated. And on top of that you all are so nice!

I have been working in Egg Tempera for about five years and I am totally smitten. I am still working in oil, watercolor and oil but eventually I can imagine that as I downsize I'll pick ET as my main medium.

I have a small group of friends who get together sometimes to work in Egg Tempera but recently we have all been challenged with other things. I conduct workshops from time to time, but Egg Tempera is not highly popular here in the Tampabay area of Florida. A few people have been "turned on" but they are few and far between! I have been checking the Forum here so much I feel that you all are my in fairness you should know that you all have become mentors of a sort to this lady in Florida.

I have a website which shows a good many of my recent Egg Tempera paintings (as well as a lot of other stuff).

Hopefully you all will hear from me again...I don't have much to add to the technical expertise you all have, but from time to time I would hope to be able to add my two cents worth of information.

Old 20-05-08, 01:13 PM

Glad to have you on board, Gainor (no pun intended)!
Old 20-05-08, 03:05 PM

Welcome Gainor........pleased that you get so much from the forum and thanks for introducing yourself and sharing your web site........