Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > Other Art Related Issues

Other Art Related Issues Discuss other art related issues not connected with tempera

Old 10-09-06, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Greek ET artists

Thanks, Dimitris, for showing us those works! Perhaps you could put a "virtual gallery" up on your website for them, since you say they aren't connected to the web. They are really extraordinary artists.
Dennis
Old 11-09-06, 11:19 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Dimitris C. Milionis

Dennis thank for the thought, :-)

We have several more artist at this level, but I don't want to violate this forums hospitality.

I have been whispering to a couple of contemporary Greek artist this last season [who do not do icons for a trade of their craft] who know the ET medium very well; but getting them into a "Greek Egg Tempera Society" with its own web site or under mine [which BTW needs a complete face lift and update with works] and possibly joining the US & UK ET societies group seems very far off.

There is one art gallery in Athens that supports the medium but unfortunately the majority of artist live off the Icon trade business which is fine, but not what I have in mind, "to promote the ET medium in the Contemporary arts..

With some [not the posted artist] most artist are competitive in Greece with gallery small market grudges as the market is 70% based in Athens and they [including myself] enjoy acrylics & oils better as a medium due to market acceptance, even though they work with pigments.

but I do have a couple of artist that are interested to do a 1st official ET group exhibition, so I will go for this first option and see if I can organise a group.

unfortunately at the end I have the feeling that I might just open up my own ET Art Gallery and invite the best.

p.s. ...and I will take your advise to add the artist to my web site at a latter date. :idea:
Old 11-09-06, 05:26 PM

on another note to Greek Post WWI local traditions, most Greek artist use a very old and tight palette of 4 colors this has been a common tradition in the cretean icon school way before El Grecos time when he was still a young boy in crete.

Titanium white
Ochre [many artist will heat the pigment for darker tones]
English red [red oxide]
Black [I use Payne's grey or any of the bluish blacks]
Old 11-04-08, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris C. Milionis View Post
Dennis thank for the thought, :-)

We have several more artist at this level, but I don't want to violate this forums hospitality.

I have been whispering to a couple of contemporary Greek artist this last season [who do not do icons for a trade of their craft] who know the ET medium very well; but getting them into a "Greek Egg Tempera Society" with its own web site or under mine [which BTW needs a complete face lift and update with works] and possibly joining the US & UK ET societies group seems very far off.

There is one art gallery in Athens that supports the medium but unfortunately the majority of artist live off the Icon trade business which is fine, but not what I have in mind, "to promote the ET medium in the Contemporary arts..

With some [not the posted artist] most artist are competitive in Greece with gallery small market grudges as the market is 70% based in Athens and they [including myself] enjoy acrylics & oils better as a medium due to market acceptance, even though they work with pigments.

but I do have a couple of artist that are interested to do a 1st official ET group exhibition, so I will go for this first option and see if I can organise a group.

unfortunately at the end I have the feeling that I might just open up my own ET Art Gallery and invite the best.

p.s. ...and I will take your advise to add the artist to my web site at a latter date. :idea:
it will be wonderful if you can do this... strange that I came across your post today. Earlier today I had the thought that there must be many non English speaking ET artists who could not enjoy the benefits of this forum...

You are doing a good thing, and thank you for sharing inspiration... but do I understand you correctly a palette of only four colours?!
Old 24-09-08, 10:09 PM

Thats right just 4 colours known as the Cretan School [icons] but has its roots in the 3rd Millenium

you should try it! Makes great earth greens and pinks