Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > Critique Forum

Critique Forum Post your work here for constructive criticism

Old 31-07-09, 03:38 PM

Default For "Enrico"

I'm not a painter i'm an engraver, in fact I have'nt painted for about thirty or more years. When I did paint, it was with oils and it was either landscapes or portraits, so I do know quite a lot about technique etc.

I'm just calling in here to this excellent forum to give my two pence worth on Enrico.
I have been friends with Enrico for maybe fifteen years and visit him at his studio in Sorrento every year, in fact I was there with him yesterday.
We spend many hours discussing art, especially egg tempera which is Enrico's passion.
He has told me on many occasions how difficult it was for him to learn the process and how he taught himself how to paint an area larger than a few inches.
I have seen his work at first hand and I have to say that the photo's on his website, good as they are, cannot convey the artistry, the depth, the detail....I could go on and on!
If anyone has the chance to visit Sorrento, you will not be dissapointed when you see his work, in fact the picture I have posted below is on exhibition now at the piazza Tasso.
Again, this picture does not show the quality of Enrico's work!

Phil
Old 31-07-09, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Phil,
Have you a link to his website, tried Google with no luck.
Rob
Old 01-08-09, 05:52 AM

Here you go Rob.
http://www.decenzo.it/

The nude and semi-nude boy is his son. He also paints on tiles and ceramic plates and then fires them.
There is a tile scene on the wall in his studio of a battle scene including naked warriors, horses etc. it measures approx 6'x5'.
Enrico has told me that a museum in Italy is talking of buying it.

Phil
Old 01-08-09, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Coggan View Post
I'm not a painter i'm an engraver, in fact I have'nt painted for about thirty or more years. When I did paint, it was with oils and it was either landscapes or portraits, so I do know quite a lot about technique etc.

I'm just calling in here to this excellent forum to give my two pence worth on Enrico.
I have been friends with Enrico for maybe fifteen years and visit him at his studio in Sorrento every year, in fact I was there with him yesterday.
We spend many hours discussing art, especially egg tempera which is Enrico's passion.
He has told me on many occasions how difficult it was for him to learn the process and how he taught himself how to paint an area larger than a few inches.
I have seen his work at first hand and I have to say that the photo's on his website, good as they are, cannot convey the artistry, the depth, the detail....I could go on and on!
If anyone has the chance to visit Sorrento, you will not be dissapointed when you see his work, in fact the picture I have posted below is on exhibition now at the piazza Tasso.
Again, this picture does not show the quality of Enrico's work!

Phil
Dear Phil,
it is a great honor to receive these appreciations from an artist of your level.
Thanks and excuse me for mI very bad English
Old 04-08-09, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the link......superb works.
Like the fact that you can click on a picture for the detail.
R
Old 05-08-09, 07:23 AM

The painting above by the way is about 1 metre high, the paintings of Enrico's son on his website are much larger. I wish you could see the highlights on the guitar players face it's magical.

Phil