Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues

The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues Sharing the knowledge and experience of fellow tempera painters.

Old 01-11-10, 03:42 PM

Default Ack! Chunk-sized chip!

I have a large panel in progress. It's 30x24 and has 30 hours of work on it (I estimate 60-90 more to go). It fell off my easel and a chunk of the hardboard chipped out from one of the edges. It's about 1 inch by 1/2 inch, and is 3/16 deep at its worst.

I see the formula for putty Bron is suggesting here. Can I use it to patch my panel?

Does anyone have other suggestions for this sort of repair? I can post a picture if it'll be helpful.
Old 01-11-10, 08:04 PM
Framewright

What kind of panel?

The putty I mention will work, though you might need to build it up in several coats. From the question, I'm assuming there is still some of the panel, there, and the damage is to the surface.

If you have the chip, cyanoacrylate glue, "Super Glue" is thin enough that it shouldn't raise the surface, and is a very strong adhesive. Gun smiths use it to repair cracks, etc. in gun stocks, again because of the thinness.

Bron

http://frame-notes.blogspot.com/

http://bronislausjanulis.com/Site/Home.html

Tags
chip, panel, patch, putty, repair