Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > Critique Forum

Critique Forum Post your work here for constructive criticism

Old 26-01-06, 06:06 PM
Vanthoff

Default Completed egg tempera painting

I am a brand new member of the Eggtempera Forum and I would like to say how impressed I am at the paintings of the members on this site!!! It is a real pleasure to see such technical and fine compositional work in eggtempera.
I just fininshed this 24" x 18" painting. The painting is really more of a study. It has rained like hell here for 30 days straight and I was forced to stay inside, which I normally paint outside, as a result I pulled this old African Beetle box off the wall and went at it. I was expierimenting with galzing, shadow cores and luminosity.
For this study I used clayboard for the first time. It had its ups and downs, but overall worked fine.
any opinion would be much appreciated..thank you
Derek
Old 26-01-06, 06:10 PM
alexgarcia

Welcome Derek. Wow 30 days of rain. We just had out first day of rain in 100 days here in El Paso, Texas.

This is a very nice painting. The texture on the wall is very convincing and I enjoy how you used the cracks and texture as a compositonal device. I would love to see a closeup of the beetles if you have one.

What do you mean by shadow cores?

Thanks for sharing.