Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues

The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues Sharing the knowledge and experience of fellow tempera painters.

Old 13-10-09, 12:19 AM
Tempera Painter

Agreed! Thanks for hanging in there while I learn the finer points of effective on-line communication.

Koo
Old 27-10-09, 07:05 PM
muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Hello, I just signed up with the forum and I am looking forward to corresponding with people about egg tempera... I wanted to know if anyone here has ever mixed the egg tempera solution with water color tube paints, and if so, what would the mixing ratio be? How would you work with it? How would it behave as compared to using the dry pigment besides the grit floating to the bottom of the pallet? What would the finished product be like? I have heard that it would make the water color pigment last longer and prevent fading. I do have some regular raw pigments, but I am curious. I use egg yolk, white wine and distilled water for my regular egg tempera painting. Thank you, I appreciate it. I enjoy this website very much. Regards, Michelle
Robert Vickrey in _New Techniques in Egg Tempera_ (p53) recommends trying tempera out with one's best tube watercolors mixed with the usual egg-water medium. He did many of his _Time_ covers this way. I was going to do this this afternoon until I was distracted by the discovery of the _Society of Tempera Painters_ website. I am eagerly looking forward to trying that method and also more traditional egg tempera with powdered pigments. Am glad the society is here.