Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues

The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues Sharing the knowledge and experience of fellow tempera painters.

Old 06-10-07, 04:14 AM
Administrator

Default As of August 2007

This notice was posted on the True Gesso site. I hope they indeed resume business!

----------------

True-Gesso-Panels.com is no longer accepting orders, as of 8/07. We hope to resume
business soon under new management. We are sorry for this interruption in service and
hope to resume at an improved level of customer service. Thank you for your interest
and please stop back in the future.
Old 09-10-07, 05:07 AM
Kelley Vandiver

Alex...great news! Thank you so much for the post. I will sleep better tonight in the hopes that they resume business soon.
Old 27-09-08, 09:01 PM
Cynthia Drennon

Default True Gesso Panels

Hi,

I just came across your email pertaining to "True Gesso". I am also a tempera painter and was saddened that the inventor no longer wanted to make the panels.

At Koo Schadler's suggestion my husband and I looked into this situation and are now in the process of buying the company and beginning it again. We will be using the exact formula that you were getting before. Additionally, we will make artists and professional boards and make custom sizes for an additional price.

I am working on a website and eventually we will be up and running. Please feel free to contact me at cynthia@drennonfinearts.com or at 505-820-7855. Once we are ready, there will be an annoucement in the newsletter for the Society of Egg Tempera Painters. We'll look forward to working with you. All best, Cynthia Drennon
Old 27-09-08, 09:10 PM

Default Real Gesso Panels

It is good to hear your news Cynthia. I just ordered panels from Real Gesso in Athens, GA and they arrived in the mail today. I have not opened the box yet, but I assume they are fine, as usual.

I wish you the best and I am sure you will be receiving orders from me, as I don't have the time or space to make my own panels and I have had great luck with the Real Gesso panels.

Gainor
Old 28-09-08, 03:06 PM
Kelley Vandiver

Default True-Gesso Panels

Cynthia,

Fantastic news! I am glad to know that you bought the company and that it is soon to be up and running! I will be looking forward to the "grand opening" celebration.

Here is wishing you all the best in your new venture!

Kelley