Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues

The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues Sharing the knowledge and experience of fellow tempera painters.

Old 23-01-06, 01:45 AM
Andrea

Default Layering Color

It's been ages since I posted, but I am (at last) getting life to calm down again after the long (8 yr) illness and passing of my mother.

I want to do some reading on color, particularly layering color in egg tempera for desired affects. Can you recommend any articles or books that would help? I have alot of catching up to do, but figure I'd best wrap my mind around the subject to start to grease the wheels !

These past years have changed me AND my perception of the world, so I feel like I just graduated from college,...very,very green! :-)
Old 23-01-06, 01:46 PM

Andrea: Very sorry to hear of your Mothers death and your long struggle. Hopefully the future will bring you more contentment and joy. I am not immediately aware of much written material that deals with the layering of colours in particular. However, you might want to keep in mind that the tones, (dark and light), of your paint mixtures have as much or possible more to do with optical effects than colour. Hope this helps a little, David :-)
Old 24-01-06, 11:49 PM
Andrea

Thanks! I suppose much will be trial and error. I may just start a practice board to begin to get the feel of these light/dark. warm/cool relationships. This feels alittle like learning to drive all over again!
Lot's of rust on the wheels.
I'm so glad this forum exists as I have been reading alot and find it very informative and supportice to 'newbies'.
Old 25-01-06, 01:41 AM

Andrea,
Check out this link maybe it will be of some use.
Best,
Eric in Oceanside

>http://www.handprint.com/
Old 25-01-06, 04:19 PM
Andrea

Interesting site, everthing from soup to nuts! Thanks, I'll hang onto it. There's a lot there to read. Appreciate the suggestion.