Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues

The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues Sharing the knowledge and experience of fellow tempera painters.

Old 02-12-05, 08:32 PM

Yes, Nora, that's good. You can test on glass, a jar lid, or anything like that, and you can see that the film is not very thick. As you get used to mixing (by guess), you'll just know that it is working, and you won't have to keep testing. When fresh it looks a little like rubber, but with time it becomes very hard.
Old 04-12-05, 02:28 AM
NoraB

Great! Then so far, so good! ;-)
Old 19-11-06, 09:51 PM
joelie

I am interested in what the painter learned over the past year. If (s)he graduated to making it from scratch, or stayed w/the tubes. One thing i learned, never, never, never put the stuff in a jar and seal it and leave it on the counter. When i opened it, it popped and eeewwwwww!
The Luminous Brush arrived from inter-library loan and i finished reading it. I must return it soon. I really enjoyed it, made the medium seem approachable and friendly. I ordered K. Schadlers book and am waiting for it to arrive. Still messing with the old water color of my daughter. i applied the tube tempera right over the water color. i made a copy of it before i started. It is not great, but a huge improvement over the muddy mess it was. 300 lb paper. I broke every rule i am afraid, no gesso, no anything . But i am braver than i was. live and learn. joelie