Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues

The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues Sharing the knowledge and experience of fellow tempera painters.

Old 04-11-06, 08:49 PM

Have you checked out these sites as well?
http://www.eggtempera.org/links/
or
http://eggtempera.free.fr/
or
http://www.thedailypaintedegg.blogspot.com/
Old 05-11-06, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Keep asking the questions Joelie, that's what this forum is for.
It looks as if Amazon UK have 4 of Altoon's book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Luminous-Bru...316633-0498858
Old 08-11-06, 05:16 AM

I guess to some I might sound like a broken record, but I recommend the CD, Breaking Eggs Making Paint from Brandywine River Museum.
Old 14-11-06, 12:05 PM

Default Ampersand claybord

:-(
Quote:
Ampersand claybord not compatable with ET?

Can anyone tell me more about this? Among other gesso panels I am using claybord and I found it works well with egg tempera, but this sounds rather alarming. Still have some claybords in my cupboard, better use them for my oils then?
I really liked the realgesso panels from realgesso.com but they stopped sending to the Netherlands and getting good material is already a problem here. I have to shop around the world.
Alexandra van Cruyningen
Old 14-11-06, 03:20 PM

Default Re: it's a start

Jolie -- South Dakota is not an unreasonable distance from Denver. If you could get here, Mark Thompson teaches egg tempera at the Art Students League of Denver. You can see his work on this site in the gallery. Check the ASLD catalog at www.ASLD.org. Sometimes he has one day workshops.
Old 14-11-06, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I really liked the realgesso panels from realgesso.com but they stopped sending to the Netherlands and getting good material is already a problem here. I have to shop around the world.
Alexandra van Cruyningen
Alexandra
Waarom uw niet zelf maken :grin:
Cornelissen & Son in London will supply you with the materials.
http://www.cornelissen.com/index.asp
Rob
Old 14-11-06, 09:27 PM
joelie

Default any suggestions?

Thank you, he has really nice work. Denver is a long way from here, i am in NE SD so it is about 500 miles to the western border. You never know, i might just there. Is there anyone in the mpls./st paul mn area you know of? joelie
Old 14-11-06, 09:52 PM

Default any suggestions?

Yes, Joelie, it is cheap and easy to make your own, and as suggested, there is a ton of information at this site. if you think you might need more help or explanation, just come back here and ask.
Old 15-11-06, 10:49 AM

:grin:

Rob, your Dutch is really good!! Have to admit I have a busy household. Three kids, two dogs, lots of work, commisions and I still paint in the kitchen (beautiful northern light) as all my children still live at home and my own studio will have to wait. But you are probably right I should learn to make my own panels. Why are the Ampersand claybords no good? Can you tell me more about it?
This by the way was my first post, and I am gathering courage to post an ET painting on the critique section, once I have figured out how. I discovered I could paint rather late in life, now two and a half years ago. After a visit to the national gallery in Feb. 2004 something strange happened and afterwards I felt the sudden urge to hold a brush... midlife crisis I thought but to my astonishment my hand knew what to do. I have no formal training what so ever and learn by reading and visiting galleries, standing as close as they allow me to, and reading the forum.
I am going to London 24 November and I will pay Cornelissen and sons a visit.
Old 15-11-06, 12:19 PM
joelie

alexandra; only one of my six kids is still home, but i usually paint in my kitchen too. i make the noon meal for my husband and sometimes my brother-in-law and our hired men. so i paint after the meal is cleared away.
i just ordered koo schadler's book and i read the archives here a lot and paint paint paint. joelie