Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Here you may intoduce yourself

Old 03-05-11, 09:56 PM

Default Hello from Clinton, MA

My name is Steve Collins and I hail from Clinton, MA. I dabbled in egg tempera while in high school and absolutely loved it. Oddly, I haven't managed to get back to it since, largely because my art life hit the back burner while I supported my family.

I started painting again with regularity about 7 years ago, primarily in watercolor, but also oil and most recently, acrylic. Of these, I feel most comfortable working in watercolor, though acrylic has been growing on me.

After nearly 30 years as a software engineer, I was laid off in early 2009 and with my wife Sherry's blessing and help, made the frightening decision to switch careers, becoming a full time artist, custom framer, giclee printer and art gallery owner. We jointly operate Collins Artworks in Clinton, MA and are nearing our 2nd anniversary as a business.

If you check the Workshops page on this site, you will see listings for two Koo Schadler egg tempera workshops that we're hosting in late June, Egg Tempera II and Old Master Design.

We still have openings for both, but especially for Old Master Design, so if you're at all interested in attending, please let us know.

I hope to attend 1 or both workshops myself. I'm really looking forward to the chance to try this wonderful medium again.

Steve Collins
Old 05-05-11, 04:33 PM

Default Link

Congratulations on a successful pursuit of a difficult dream, Steve.
I probably can't make the nearly 40-hour drive to attend this myself, but here's a link to make things easier for other forum visitors:

http://www.collinsartworks.com/caw/
Old 05-05-11, 06:31 PM
Gettin' Eggy With It

*sigh* How lucky you are! If you do attend one of the workshops, please oh please, give us the benefit of your experience and let the rest of us know how it went so we may be properly jealous!
Old 05-05-11, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermillion9 View Post
*sigh* How lucky you are! If you do attend one of the workshops, please oh please, give us the benefit of your experience and let the rest of us know how it went so we may be properly jealous!
Will do, though it remains unclear how much time I'll be able to devote to the actual workshop. Since we are the hosts, I suspect that some of my time will be spent hosting (which can mean almost anything). We also have our gallery to run, which remains open, and I will need to be involved with that, at least in part. So, you may have little to be jealous about.
Old 07-05-11, 11:51 PM

Default Koo's Workshop

You won't be sorry if you do take her workshop! I just took it in Florida three weeks ago and she is fantastic! A wonderfully organized teacher, a nice person, and her knowledge of art is unbelievable. I am looking forward to next year when I can take it again. I got my money's worth on day one!
Gainor