Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Here you may intoduce yourself

Old 30-04-08, 01:46 PM

Default Hello

I should probably properly introduce myself...

I have been an artist for 30+ years, and worked at the Smithsonian for 10 years as a scientific illustrator. I am now back in academia in a professorial position.

I work small and tight, generally using watercolor and/or gouache, ink wash, but I especially like silverpoint and egg tempera. Over the years, I have come to adapt working with egg tempera, using watercolors as my pigments. (This makes traveling with art supplies much easier.) I did used to work with pure pigments and plan to go back to this again, as a point of comparison.

I've presently started an illustration, based on the medieval "seige of the castle of love" with watercolor on calf-skin vellum.

I have worked with gold leaf, also, using medieval gesso made from white lead, Armenian bole, sugar, slaked plaster and hide glue. I have tried using calcium carbonate instead of white lead, but the lead provides a harder, shinier surface. Of course, it is toxic and care must be taken in it's handling. I haven't, to date, worked with stamping the leaf, once applied, and am interested in doing this. I have picked up a few, old letterpress pieces over the years. I expect they might work well.

My web site, if anyone is interested, is:
http://mypage.iusb.edu/~kackoff/
It is always under construction, so some of the links on the artwork pages do not go anywhere. But some do.

Any way, hello to all, and I find this forum most informative and helpful.

Karen
Old 30-04-08, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Welcome Karen.......
Old 20-08-08, 09:26 AM
jsrsolution

Default hey

Hi, guys.
I just begin to build a forum. In my opinion, this forum is designed to discuss certain technical questions, and also collect useful tips or articles.
even i am also doing SEO of my own developed siteswith the keywords like
Dog portraits,
portrait painters etc. There can be a problem of finding the forums. I think you can better find the results through goggle. These you can got most of the forums as well as content writting techniues.
I want to amass some relarted articles from different communities, froums or blogs. After editing, if needed, add them to my froum.
Are there any problems on copy right or search engine?