Egg Tempera Forums

Go Back   Egg Tempera Forums > The Forums > The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues

The Forum for Tempera Painting Issues Sharing the knowledge and experience of fellow tempera painters.

Old 26-10-09, 03:00 PM
artsyiconophile

Talking Cornelissen vs. other pigment suppliers

I live in the US and I ordered some pigments from Cornelissen & Son. I must say that I am highly impressed. The quality is amazing. And, with the exchange rate plus shipping charges, the prices are still lower than what I can buy some if these for in the US. Even if the exchange rate were to go back to $2.00 per Pound, the pricese would be less than here in the US on the pigments that I purchased.

One glaring example is the lapis lazuli dark that I bought. Its quality is exquisite. Here in the US, that quality sells for $1300 per 100g. With the current exchange rate, I paid $90 for 100g. And again, if the exchange rate went back up to around $2.00 per Pound, the cost would be significantly less and the quality better than what I could obtain here.

I just wanted to pass on this information to the list and pay Cornelissen & Son an online compliment.

John

Tags
cornelissen & son, pigments, supplier